Maynah Lewis Competition

Maynah Lewis Prize


I am sure everyone would like to congratulate Mike on being this years winner of the Maynah Lewis Competition, and also Liz, aka Turkish George, on coming second.

Coral Greenwood was kind enough to buy us all pens - yours is in the post Mike! as she thought they were all entertaining/interesting/brilliant. I can't remember if she did actually use the word 'brilliant', but I'm choosing to believe that's what she said. Coral also wrote short critiques of our stories, which I am very pleased to have as a newbie writer I need all the gentle critiquing I can get.
For me, it was an interesting experience; writing a short story 'to order', rather than blethering on about my own world of Lockhart & Doppler.
I asked if we could do it again - not a formal annual competition, but in-house, just us, and was informed that we would be doing exactly that in September. 500 words! I'm sorry I asked now.     

 Liz also suggested that it might be quite a nice idea if we posted our stories here on Wirral Writers blog. I second the proposal.

Anyhoo, next time we meet will be the Sunday Lunch (or dinner as we call it in our house) on 2nd August at Brook Meadow Hotel. See you all there - if I can find my way!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maynah Lewis Competition 2019 - Winner

Feed & Read

RIP Arthur Adlen