It has been an especially good year for Wirral Writers', and I believe we have a great deal to celebrate. Our Maynah Lewis competition entered its 27th year, and our September competition was one of the closest results I can remember.
I thought I'd just scribble down some of the accomplishments by members of the group this year. Apologies if I missed anything, but it makes impressive reading, even so:
- Five published short stories (one print magazine, three online mags, one anthology)
- Three acceptances for publication forthcoming in 2016.
- Three indy-published books
- One movie option
- One first place competition success
- One performed theatrical play
- Several performances of folk songs, lyrics first aired at Wirral Writers
- Two interviews (one blog, one radio)