Sunday, 1 February 2015

The Man in the Pillbox Hat

My short story, The Man in the Pillbox Hat is now up on Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show. Please follow the link for a snippet and to check out the artwork. You'll have to buy a subscription to read the whole thing, but it's a great magazine and you get six issues, a whole year's worth of fiction for your $15.

This started out as a Wirral Writers' Maynah Lewis in-house competition story. I got the idea during a caravan holiday in The Lakes, the one where we had no heater, no hot water, no cooker; the duvet got soaked because the caravan roof started to leak; and when we tried the microwave all the lights on the site went out. It was late October and we froze. But at least I had my laptop.


1 comment:

Alexandra said...

Just visited the page and had a brief snoop around, looks interesting. I like this story beginning Mike; what will happen if Carol comes home - what will happen if she doesn't?!