Deconstructing Back Cover Copy

We've been talking a lot about cover blurbs at recent meetings. It's a topical subject for us as we move into the last stage of finalising the layout for Tick Tock, our anthology.

Last week I shared an online course on writing a blurb. Here's an article that offers a different approach, by deconstructing the blurbs from two big selling novels and analysing the elements that go into creating a compelling and enticing blurb.


I've also shared the link to the website where I found the article. Some of you may also find this to be a useful resource.


Happy writing!

Mjke

Comments

Alexandra said…
Thank you for the examples Mike. I still haven't completed mine. :(
Alexandra said…
I had a go of the SumoMe.com 'gadget', but it wouldn't recognise my WordPress address!

Popular posts from this blog

Maynah Lewis Competition 2019 - Winner

Feed & Read

RIP Arthur Adlen